What's up everyone?
I guess it's my turn to relay the details of our busy lives to you all. Here goes:
For some reason, it feels like Kelly and I are busier than ever! Now that Kelly is working full time, it seems like our evenings are getting cut shorter and shorter as we both have to wake up early. Bedtime has been strictly enforced since Kelly likes to sleep and needs her full 8 hours...i'm usually partial to falling asleep at my desk, so I try to get at least 6 or 7 hours, but this 8 hours thing is great! I had no idea that staying awake at work was possible! :P
Kelly and I bought a three-month pass to the new Erie rec center at it's been a real motivation for me to get off my butt and work out once in awhile. I forgot what it's like to actually be "in shape," and i'm slowly working towards not passing out on the treadmill after 3 minutes of jogging. ;) Suffice it to say, we're both looking forward to getting and staying healthy!
Kelly and I went to Oktoberfest last Friday and met up with a few friends. We spent the evening drinking beer, eating funnel cakes (yum!) and chatting. The Rockies' last home game happened to be that night, so they put on a fireworks show that we got to watch. Then, this past Friday, I guess we didn't get enough "bier", so we went back to Oktoberfest. :P I broke down and bought a 44 oz. stein that will probably find its way into a box in the crawlspace later. ;)
I don't know if I mentioned this in my last post, but I recently became the treasurer on the board of directors of a start-up nonprofit organization. We plan to build Christian schools in Kenya, and all along the eastern coast of Africa. Obviously, we want to start small, so we're trying to raise money to build the first school in Kenya right now. Please be in prayer for our organization, Building on the Rock, as we continue to organize the corporation and plan our fundraising activities. Thanks friends!
I guess that's all for now. I'm sure I forgot to mention a lot of things, so i'll let Kelly fill in the gaps later. :) Have a great weekend!
Saturday, September 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment