From Kelly: Well after watching the Broncos defeat the Chargers by the skin of their teeth, it didn't seem quite right to just flip off the TV and get going on chores. So, I'll meander my way through a short blog.
Tomorrow I start my new job. You would think this would mean I was done with the old one, but not quite. I am still wrapping up a baby dedication that was scheduled for next week so today I had a meeting for that, and I taught the elementary class, and then next week I need to do the dedication on Sunday and finish up some paperwork. But THEN I will be totally done. That is going to be a strange strange feeling!
Mike is currently off saving the world. Well, someone's world at least. Daniel (his best friend)'s sister has a vision to build a school in Africa and in order to do this she needs to establish a non-profit and in order to do THAT, she has to have a board. So Mike has agreed to join the board and tonight is their first meeting. I think it's so great that he's been able to get involved with something related to helping other people and serving God in a tangible way, so I'm excited for him. And trying to keep my nose out of it at the same time-- letting it be his thing.
We have also been attending a new thing called Deepen that Pathways is putting on on Wednesday nights. It's a time of eating together, worship songs, a short teaching time, and then table discussions with a smaller group. There have been about 50 people in attendance, so it's a good size and I've really enjoyed the chance to do a Bible study again (not to mention the free dinner is a way bigger incentive than it should be). :)
Our friends have been living the high life lately: Heather and Daniel had their baby girl on Thursday. She is an absolute perfect combination of them-- Heather's nose and Daniel's chin. Totally adorable! I can't wait to see her grow. Also, Mariko and Colin just returned from Japan. They said it was hot but not sweltering and they got to see a wide variety of sights all around the country. What a cool trip!
Anyway, guilt is setting in and I'd better go check the laundry. . . Have a great week!!
Sunday, September 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hope the job is going well! I escaped corporate America a few months ago and can't imagine what it would be like to go back, so I can relate! You're in my prayers :)
Post a Comment