Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Mike makes his mark on the blog

From Mike: What’s going on, party people? Alright, since Kelly started this blog, I figured I would inject some of my own personality into it and let you know some of the other things that have been going on in our lives lately. (and just so you know, I’m not writing this because Kelly has been bugging me to write something for a week now... honest!) ;)


Anyway, it’s been awhile since I have written a blog, so bear with me as I attempt to get back into the habit of sharing information with you that will undoubtedly bring me much criticism and embarrassment.


Kelly and I celebrated our six-month anniversary on September 1st! Of course, by “celebrate,” I really mean that she watched a movie while I fed my addiction to World of Warcraft… in completely separate rooms of the house. :P In all honesty, we both forgot that it was our anniversary until about half way through the day! Whoops! Now that is true love, my friends…


Did you know that you can re-live your childhood memories by joining an adult kickball league?? Well, Kelly and I started a team called “Just for Kicks” in the Mile High division of the World Adult Kickball Association! (and I thought those days of being the dorky shrimp who always got picked last for sports were behind me…) Anyway, it’s a ridiculously good time. We’re a little over half way through the season and we have a record of 2 wins, 4 losses. Our scrappy little team of amateurs may have a losing streak, but at least we can hold our own when we play flip-cup at the bar after each game! J


As for life on the home front, after much deliberation and several tiffs over chores, Kelly and I have decided to hire a housekeeper. I am excited about this for several reasons: first, because I suck at keeping up with my weekly chores; second, because I swear Kelly would divorce me if she noticed that the bathrooms weren’t getting cleaned every week; and third, because I’m just really, really lazy. :P Not that I’m counting on the housekeeper to ensure marital bliss, but it can’t hurt, right?


I’ve been noticing my waistline gradually expanding over the past few months…blame the desk job… Anyway, Kelly and I finally broke down and bought a pass to the new Erie rec center. We tried it out for the first time on Saturday and decided that it would be good for both of us to get back into a workout routine. So, as soon as this paralyzing soreness and tendonitis wears off, I’ll go back for a second workout. :P So look out friends! Maybe the next time you see me, I’ll be all beefy with 0% body fat! (or at least have the willpower to decline when you offer me food…)


I may be alone here, but who else is excited for football season??? I love football, and all the joy it brings. Not college football, mind you. No, I’m talking about Broncos football!! Speaking of which, did anyone watch the Broncos spank the Raiders last night? It may have been a boring game, but any game where the Blue and Orange can beat a team by almost four touchdowns is a great sight to see. Now we’re leading the AFC West! Super Bowl XLIII, here we come! :P

Anyway, that’s all I have the stamina to write now. I hope you’re all doing well and are being blessed richly. Until next time! Mike, out.

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

Hey Brotha from the same Motha! Congratulations on your first blog on your new page! I hope I will be hearing from you often as this is the only way I can keep up with your crazy busy lives! Your niece says "hi", no seriously, she can say hi now. Miss you tons! Love you guys! Lol, okay, I'm laughing right now because my word verification to post this is "imwoob" (!)