From Kelly:
Well I guess this was about as regular a week as any. It's kind of nice to be back to normal after the holidays, as much fun as it was to have a few days off from work.
Mike was out of town the later part of the week. He's starting a new audit, which usually means some time in DC. He has meetings at the Pentagon while he is there though, so I think that's pretty cool :) He also met up with Mike P and Emma for dinner while he was in town, which makes the trip a little more pleasant than just spending all his time with his coworkers.
While Mike was gone, I did my best to distract myself and keep busy. On Wednesday night I started my new running plan at the rec center. I'm going to try to build up to being able to run three miles. So far running even one mile would be a major accomplishment, so we'll see how long it takes me to make it to three! I also saw Yes Man on Wednesday night, which I thought was really cute and funny in a Jim Carrey sort of way.
Thursday I had Beth, Ashley and Matt over for dinner. It was fun to have friends around and we played a couple of games. Dinner didn't turn out so well, though, so next time I'll try to remember to make something a little better planned. (I tried to make chicken and dumplings, but didn't allow enough time and the dumplings ended up really mushy. . . ).
Last night was another fun night because I had some girls over for a girls' night. Luckily, dinner turned out a lot better than the night before (I made tostadas). After dinner we watched a TOTALLY girly movie (House Bunny)and spent a lot of time talking, so that was great.
All in all, eventhough Mike had to be gone, it still turned out to be a good week. I even survived all the scary noises that kept me awake at night!
On Friday we leave for DC to join in the inauguration festivities and are excited for a fun weekend!!
Saturday, January 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey Kelly- I am glad the girls night went well. I wanted to come, but I got really sick. You wouldn't have wanted me there at all. = ) Glad things are going well.
Post a Comment