From Mike:
Since Kelly already talked about my trip to DC, and since I can’t tell you the details of the trip, lest I be forced to kill you, I will talk about things that are decidedly less interesting. I apologize in advance. (and for that last run-on sentence…)
Ever since the first time I ordered Chili’s glorious Smokehouse Bacon Triple-The-Cheese Big Mouth Burger with Jalapeno Ranch Dressing, Kelly has warned me that if I keep eating them, I’ll die of a heart attack. While it was probably true, I typically responded to this remark with a chuckle and a shrug of my shoulders as I gluttonously devoured it. Well, much to my displeasure, I read some distressing news today. Men’s Health Magazine has officially deemed this burger “The Worst Burger in America”. Yippee. Apparently this 20-syllabled delectable delight has 2,040 calories, 150g of fat (53g of them are saturated), and a whopping 4,900mg of sodium! That, my friends, is a heart attack served on a plate with delicious steak fries, and most likely preceded by a heaping basket of chips and salsa. I guess Kelly was right…I won’t be ordering that again any time soon. *sniffle*
Kelly and I leave tomorrow afternoon for a weekend of fun celebrating the inauguration of President Barack Obama! We’ll be meeting up with friends from DC, and our friend Tony is flying out from San Francisco too. After a very long string of emails, we finalized our itinerary for the weekend…and it goes a little bit like this: (actually, it goes exactly like this…)
Friday, January 16th:
10pm – Arrive in DC
11pm – Inaugural Throwdown Party in Chinatown
Saturday, January 17th:
12:30pm – Lunch with friends at Ben’s Chili Bowl on U Street
6pm – Town Tavern Grand Opening
Sunday, January 18th:
9am – Official Welcoming Committee Event on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial
11am – Wander around the festivities at the National Mall
2:30pm – We Are One: The Obama Inaugural Celebration at the Lincoln Memorial
8pm – Flip Cup Tournament at the G&T Bar
Monday, January 19th:
9am – Driving Change: The Role of Activists during the Obama Administration (free breakfast!)
1pm – Political Forum at Howard University
4pm – JFK Center for the Performing Arts Millennium Stage
6pm – Free Concert with Aretha Franklin, Nuttin’ But Stringz & the Let Freedom Ring Choir
9:30pm – Dinner reservations at Central Michel Richard
12am – Meet friends at a bar
Tuesday, January 20th:
All Day – Inauguration!
12pm – Mike flies back to Denver all alone
8pm – Kelly and our friend Tony have dinner reservations at Café Atlantico
Wednesday, January 21st:
11am – Kelly flies back to Denver
So all in all, it’ll be a busy weekend, but an extremely fun and memorable one! We’re both excited to get out of Colorado and enjoy the company of friends for a few days.
If you were wondering what the horrible badness was, it wasn’t the news about the burger (although that was very disheartening), it’s the fact that I’m getting my wisdom teeth out next Thursday! There’s not much to say here, except that it’s probably going to suck. Oh, and feel free to visit while I’m stuck at home, and hopped up on pain meds, that weekend…I’ll be on a steady diet of soft foods, so feel free to bring me jello and mashed potatoes! ;) Just kidding…but seriously…Inta Juice smoothies are delicious. Especially their Sunset Beach flavor.
That’s it for now. I hope you’re all having a great week! Until next time...
Thursday, January 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
wow- how did you score tickets to the coveted inaugural speech? lucky ducks! enjoy!
Post a Comment