Happy Holidays!
I hope everyone had a very merry Christmas! Mike and I enjoyed celebrating our first Christmas yesterday, though we have yet to figure out the finer nuances of juggling essentially four families.
Christmas Eve we went to church at Calvary, which was nice because even though its not our normal church, we saw a bunch of people we knew and of course we were able to sit with Mike’s family, so that was nice. Afterward, we went to my mom’s for dinner and dessert. The best part of the night, though was when we got home and opened one of our presents! I got some PJs (which is my favorite thing to get on Christmas eve) and Mike opened Guitar Hero World Tour.
Christmas Day we woke up and went downstairs to open our presents to each other. The highlights were an iPod shuffle for me and Resistence 2 for Mike. Around 10, we headed to Mike’s parents house for breakfast and more presents there! It was great to spend Christmas with so many people since I’m used to very small Christmas celebrations. We especially enjoyed watching Mike’s niece, Brianna, enjoy the day. That afternoon we went over to my mom’s house to spend some time with her. Mike was very excited to get a sleeping bag that he’d been wanting and I got a bunch of work clothes. Finally, that evening we went to my dad’s for dinner. The prime rib was delicious and we did the final gift exchange of the day. By the time we got home we were totally exhausted. By the time we unloaded the car, I only had enough energy to stare blankly at the television in a Christmas coma.
Today I’m at work, sadly, and Mike is at home playing with his video games and such that he got. This weekend we plan to spend time with some friends that are in town for the holiday and hopefully get some rest to recover from the season :)
No comments:
Post a Comment